In "Why Does Sheriff of Small Midwestern College Town Need a Drone?", Brian Dolinar shared findings, including:
- the Champaign County sheriff has owned a drone since 2008
- the drone was purchased without approval of the Champaign County Board
- the purchase was made with drug forfeiture money
- the drone purchased was a “Spectra”. "The plane has a wing span of 48 inches and weighs up to six pounds with equipment. On the belly of the plane is a camera system capable of providing three-dimensional live video streaming."
- the Champaign County sheriff may be looking for a second drone
- there is also evidence that the sheriff has been monitoring the increased use of drones across the country
|Spectra "Flying Wing"|
Greaaaaaaaat . . . .
Read the full article: "Why Does Sheriff of Small Midwestern College Town Need a Drone?".